Things are going well here. This week we reopened the school. While this is exciting, we are proceeding with caution.
Here are some of the measures we are taking to ensure the health and safety of the community:
* Minimizing capacity: No more than 10 children in each classroom and teachers are staying with their classroom.
* Washing and Disinfecting: Handwashing has always been important to us, but now we have added hourly handwashing to our practice. We are also disinfecting all materials between use, disinfecting high traffic surfaces at regular intervals daily, and sanitizing work spaces hourly.
* Staff/students and masks: It's required for teachers and students at all times with changing every two hours.
* Social Distancing Among Children: Students have assigned seats that are properly spaced 6 feet apart, even at nap time.
* Stagger pick‑up and drop‑offs: There is a staggered schedule and curbside drop-off to limit the total number of people in the facility potential cross contact between families.
* Screening: We test every child and staff member for COVID‑19 symptoms before they enter the facility.
You can schedule a tour to learn more about what we are doing during the pandemic to keep everyone safe.